"Why Should I choose this Greenhouse Base?"
We believe that best foundation for your greenhouse will be our plastic greenhouse base panels. They are the perfect eco-friendly alternative to more traditional concrete or wooden bases.
Building a greenhouse foundation using our lightweight, durable, UV and weather resistant and 100% consumer-waste recycled plastic, will be quick and easy, even for DIY novices.
The interlocking panels are easy to cut to size using a hacksaw or other fine toothed saw to ensure that your base for the greenhouse is the correct size for your requirement. Once laid, the panels can be filled with many things including soil and grass seed, stones, gravel and sand.
Our bases are very versatile and can be installed almost anywhere given the correct preparation ground work is done. You can create the perfect base for a greenhouse on an allotment, create a pathway and even install it under large log cabin!
Your greenhouse bases construction also ensures that your greenhouse flooring is properly ventilated due to the open structure of the panels. They allow any moisture to drain away naturally, keeping your greenhouse as dry and mould free as possible.
How to Build a Greenhouse Base:
To install the greenhouse base simply follow these steps:
1. Measure and mark out where your greenhouse and base are to be installed,
2. Excavated the area if necessary and dispose of the removed material responsibly,
3. Lay a layer of hardcore or sand before compacting and levelling well to create a sub-base,
4. Roll and lay out the membrane (ground cover fabric) on top of your sub-base and in your designated 'greenhouse area'.
5. Begin laying out and connecting together your interlocking greenhouse base panels and fix down if required using our staples.
6. If you are wanting to, fill all of the base including any excess base protruding your greenhouse with gravel or sand or grass to create a French drain system which will prevent any splash back on to your greenhouse and still allow water to drain away naturally. *Please note membranes and staples are sold separately*
Greenhouse Base Ideas:
In case you missed the above link here is a great review and case study from one of our clients erecting a greenhouse base. To read our blog posts with greenhouse base installation instructions, click the links below;
Greenhouse Base Installed and Reviewed by Customer, An 8ft x 6ft Plastic Base Under A Greenhouse Stores' Greenhouse or read all of our Greenhouse base blog posts.